Friday, October 4, 2013

It's been an eventful week at Salus.  We started with the Salus Board of Trustee's quarterly meeting where I had the opportunity to discuss my presidential transition, our 100 Days of Listening and some of my experiences while at the Harvard Course for New Presidents back in July.  The rest of the week was chock full of university-wide events to include a frozen yogurt fundraiser for our Audiology students getting ready to head to Beverly, Kentucky on a humanitarian trip to provide hearing screenings for children (well worth the calories!),  a couple of great meetings with alumni and preceptors and planning for the President's Council strategic off-site in November.   I also had the opportunity to sit in some lectures on ocular disease (yes, I did remember the stuff!) and adolescent audiology.  It was great to sit back and listen and not have to worry about the tests!

The week ended with a very informative visit from Eye Media, a group we've contracted to help us improve our Facebook exposure (to include developing an official Salus Facebook page) as well as assisting us with ways to better use social media to communicate with prospective and current students and alumni.  Continuing my theme of eating for my university, I finished the week at a well-attended wine and cheese social in honor of our 1st and 2nd year PA students, hosted by our Alumni Association.

I hope you all have a safe and pleasant weekend.  Looking forward to an action-packed October with lots going on both on and off campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment