Friday, July 13, 2018

Greetings from Budapest: Week of July 16th

Students, Faculty, Residents, Staff, Alumni, Board Members and Friends,

Greetings from Budapest, Hungary where I’ve been as part of my MBA program. It’s been an interesting week, having the opportunity to learn about how healthcare, law, education, IT and other businesses work in this country. We had the opportunity to visit the U.S. Embassy here where we got their perspective on Hungary’s economy and how Americans are positively viewed here. It was pretty enlightening. A real treat for me has been my early morning runs along the Danube and across the many bridges here. It’s a beautiful city. So enough about me…

I want to take this opportunity to congratulate Dr. Kathleen Youse, who was elected as the next President of the Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences (ANCDS) for a three year term. It’s great to see Salus represented in national organizations and this particular honor speaks to Kathleen's leadership and other professional skills. Congratulations!

I also want to congratulate our Blindness and Low Vision Studies on entering year two of their $75,000 grant partnership with the Northeast Pennsylvania Lions Service Foundation. This partnership was established to reduce the shortage of education and rehabilitation professionals in blindness and low vision in our Commonwealth. Well done!

I’ll be back in the office on Monday preparing for a busy week that involves welcoming guests from Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center at Sun Yat-sen University, China and kicking off our first scenario planning workshop.  

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay safe and look out for one another!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment